Shabbyblog Background

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Four Months Next Monday

Our lives seem to be in a constant state of busyness. Now that Tim is instructor qualified at work we ride ride separately with him getting up at 4:30 a.m. and me at 5:00 a.m. With traffic we end up getting home around 5:20 or 5:30 p.m. By the time the kitchen is cleaned and our bags are packed and ready for work the next day, we finally can relax around 7:30. So that leaves us with an hour and a half for the three of us to sit on our bed and watch t.v. and get ready for our 9:00 bed time. Tim and I laugh at the sight of me leaving the house in the morning; I look much like a donkey loaded down with luggage. I have my purse, a lunch box, Caroline's diaper bag, my bag for my breast pump, a cooler for Caroline's milk, and whatever two inch binder I brought home to study for the next days lesson that I will be teaching. Did I mention Caroline in there somewhere? So you can see why I don't have as much time to post blogs with our new routine. Thanks God for Presidents' Day!!!
During the last full weekend in January, Janel and Julia came to visit us from late Friday night until Monday morning. We had a wonderful time. That was the first time we have seen Julia and Caroline's first visit from an aunt. We got a visit from Granddaddy and Nanna on that Saturday, we went to Church and to the beach Sunday. That was both Caroline and Julia's first visit to the beach. I know they are going to be good friends when they get older. They are only four months apart and closest in age as far as cousins go. It seems like they hardly got to play with each other because they were on opposite sleeping and eating schedules. But there was one evening when Caroline was sleeping in her bouncer on the kitchen table and Julia was sitting in the bebe pod on the kitchen table and Julie leaning over and pulled of Caroline's socks. Quite funny to watch.

Julia and Caroline

Caroline's First Trip to the Beach

Caroline's First Laughs

My Mom stayed with us the on Thursday night since she had a work conference in town last Friday. It's always fun to see Nanna. She feed Caroline and got her dressed for me so I got to sleep in an extra thirty minutes that morning. Thanks Mom!

Nanna and Caroline
Caroline in her Valentine's dress from Grandma next to her tulips from Nanna.

Funny Story: We have noticed Alex, our smallest beagle, has been getting out of the yard this week. We would find him outside the gate whining in the driveway for us to let him in when we came home from work. He is known for not been the sharpest crayon in the box, but it seems he had us fooled the whole time. Tim noticed he was outside the fence yesterday and when over in the neighbor's yard to get. So the neighbor introduced himself to Tim and told Tim that Alex comes over quite often. Then he explained to Tim that Alex goes through their cat door and eat all the cat food and leaves. From the sound of it he has been doing this for quite a while now. Luckily our neighbor was not mad at us because we had no clue what was going no. It just goes to show you looks can be deceiving.

"Cats Beware: I'm coming after your food next."

Tim has been working on our living room every weekend since the beginning of January. He took a book case out of the wall and created a stud wall, drywall and painted the wall up. The most important thing about the project is that this wall holds our 52" screen TV. He also added sconces next to the TV...and there are NO wires showing. All the electronics are held in a closet of to the side of the TV. We also removed a wood burning stove in the living room and the hearth underneath it and continued the same hardwood flooring. I am so proud of Tim, he truly is a weekend warrior. My father also came one weekend to help with the demolition and the creation of the wall. Thanks Daddy!!!! I'll have before and after pictures posted when the room is complete. He still has to paint the wall, trim and replace some closet doors.

Caroline loves Elle the Elephant that her Uncle Jeff got her for Christmas.

Does anyone want a bear hug?



No comments: