Shabbyblog Background

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Caroline's First Thanksgiving


Caroline turned 5 weeks old on Thanksgiving day. We took her to Bainbridge, Georgia to see my Dad's side of the family. Every year my dad's relatives drive all across the state to go to this country church to eat and leave. At the most people are there for about three hours and then they get in their cars and drive home. Talk about only going for the food. Every year we go and comment on how we wished we could have stayed longer to visit with everyone. When my brother, Jason, used to go he would use his journalism skills to interview relatives we never met. Then he and my dad would talk about who they met and what they learned about everyone. It was like they divided and conquered the task of socializing with others.
Caroline got to see her Great-Granny Ragan for the first time along with her other great-great aunts and uncles. After we spent our two hours there, we drove to Columbus, Georgia to say the night with Chris and Liz and her side of the family. We had such a good time there. It was like high school times seeing her family again. Liz, her mom and I braved the crowds on Black Friday while leaving the kids at home with the men. I normally don't shop the day after Thanksgiving but I did for Caroline sine there is no BabiesRUs in Panama City. After the shopping trip we drove back home just in time for Tim to get started on his weekend long project of painting the parlor. With a little encouragement he does such a good job on his Honey-Do-List. And believe me he has a long list with this house.
Tim and I have so much to be grateful for this year. I had a wonderful pregnancy, easy delivery, and a beautiful, healthy child that I couldn't love more. Not to mention we moved back to Florida to get new job and be closer to family. We found a house, good church and home group, and we find ourselves surrounded by friendly neighbors. What more could we ask for.

Nonna feeding Caroline.

Four generations. This is Granny Ragan who gave me the rocking chair that my dad was rocked in. A picture of the rocking chair is in a previous blog entry below.

Our family of three.

Caroline had a hard time sleeping away from home and ended up wanting to sleep in the bed with Mommy and Daddy.

Liz and Caroline. Two of my three favorite women to hang out with. I'm just missing my mom in this picture.

Liz's little girl Loralye. She wanted to hold "the baby" the whole time.

1 comment:

Janel said...

She is so cute! I love the pic of her sleeping...precious. I am glad you had a good time over Thanksgiving!